Fitting Verse
I couldn't have said it better myself...
Speech to the Young
Speech to the Progress-Toward
Say to them,
say to the down-keepers,
the sun-slappers,
the self-soilers,
the harmony-hushers,
"Even if you are not ready for day
it cannot always be night."
You will be right.
For that is the hard home-run.
Live not for the battles won.
Live not for the end-of-the-song.
Live in the along.
--Gwendolyn Brooks (1917-2000)
Speech to the Young
Speech to the Progress-Toward
Say to them,
say to the down-keepers,
the sun-slappers,
the self-soilers,
the harmony-hushers,
"Even if you are not ready for day
it cannot always be night."
You will be right.
For that is the hard home-run.
Live not for the battles won.
Live not for the end-of-the-song.
Live in the along.
--Gwendolyn Brooks (1917-2000)

2 Comments:
Great outlook....are these lyrics? Who is Gwendolyn Brooks?
She would have been fun to travel with!!!!
Sounds like a theme for your trip, eh?
Got your e-mail and thought I'd check out the blog. Love it so far, and I'll check out your continuing adventures over the summer. Good luck and enjoy! This will be the time of your life. Unfortunately, I am one of those people who never took a trip. Hell, I got married three months out of college!!! Best of luck to you and Jenna.
Post a Comment
<< Home